Friday, December 12, 2008

Post

A full week almost over... but wait. A full weekend yet to come.
Husband gets back from Vegas tonight. This is the longest we have been apart since... the summer of the Great Depression. (Aka... the summer that Chris couldn't find a job, we weren't married or engaged, and he didn't know if he would find anything near me. Not a fun summer)

I found it hard to fall asleep on Tuesday night, his first night gone, but since then I have been too tired at night to really care who is in my bed. (not a true statement... exaggeration.)

I have been wrapping like a fiend. I love it, and I will say it again. Wrapping brings me joy. I need to take a picture of the wraps under my tree. Then you would see my weird little tree at home.

Husband and I bought a temporary tree from Target for this stage in our lives. It is completely collapsible to about 18"x18"x2" Yes Flat and easy to pack at a moment's notice. Never mind that our ornaments take up the space of a LARGE Rubbermaid tub. This is our fate after the winter of the 90% discount rampage of Husband last year at hobby lobby. I award him... He spent $6 for who knows how much in ornaments. Whatever $6 is ten percent of, that is how much it would have been.

Anyway. The tree is made of a frame of lights with green sparkly garland wrapped around the lights to make the traditional Christmas tree cone. There are no individual branches, so the hooks for our ornaments are securely placed on the light chords. It is 6' tall, but it is only about 2' wide at the bottom. Skinny little thing bless it's heart. The only thing that is really comical about it is that the whole thing balances on a base that is similar to the $10 torch lamps that you can get at target or wal-mart. It hangs crooked. About 25 degrees crooked to be more precise. Our tree looks like it floats because the pole that supports it is almost touching the back wall of our hollow little tree.

Ah... only pictures could do it justice. I will try to acquire those. I am just so bad at remembering stuff like that. I need to super glue my camera to my hand this season so that I actually use it.

abruptly yours
Bye!

No comments: