Wednesday, April 06, 2011

um... 2011

I did not post... for over a year...

It's not like I didn't want to post. It is more like I didn't think about it because so much happened in my life. Like...

We bought a house. It is a lovely little brick cottage built in 1945. It has a sun porch, a fire place, arched doorways, and wood floors. In short it is perfect.

We started our Masters Programs. I am at K-State full time in the summers, and taking the school year off to work. Chris is part time at Friends through their long distance program. We will graduate the summer of 2012. It is hard, but I keep telling myself that it is worth it.

We got a worship pastor at church. I finally have someone to give direction to the choir and worship ministries. It is wonderful. I have enjoyed this season of choir more than any other season at First. I even started a Men's Ensemble.

We started leading a small group at church. Six wonderful couples who bless me with their pursuit of God. The only thing is that they keep poppin' out kids! Two this year, and one already scheduled for next year. They must have read the "Be fruitful and multiply verse."

We made lots of new friends. It only took three years, but we finally have strong groups of friends here. Some we met at church, and some we met through work.

We moved our youngest sibling to college. Both of our parents are officially empty nester's.

I have taken up ethnic cooking for experimental purposes. So far I have limited myself to Thai and Italian, but I am looking to branch out. Those first married years of rice and beans are hopefully over.

My Grand Parents bought a house in Hillsboro. They are eventually going to move to the burro. How lovely!

I don't have any other BIG things. At least I don't think right now. I still teach. I still hang out with friends, old and new as hard as I try.

1 comment:

none said...

glad to hear you're still alive. hope the masters thing is going well, even though its hard.