Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Indiana

So...
Today instead of my regular posting site I am posting from a little town near Lake Michigan in Indiana. I am visiting family with my family. This is also the longest that I have been away from Husband since we got married. Our one year anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. It does not seem like we have been married for a year. Sometimes it feels like it has always been this way. (in the good way, not in the depressing way)

So far on the trip I have spent a lot of time outside. The weather up here has taken a turn for the worse as far as raining on us but yesterday I spent a few hours on my grand parents back patio just sitting, visiting, and reading. No bugs and about 70 degrees is my kind of relaxation.

Not many bazaar things have happened yet, but after a short interaction with "the fam" I am sure there will be more to come. Every time I visit I am reminded of how much growing up in Kansas away from my extended family has made me the person I am today. Husband and I decided that if we had grown up where our families grew up that I would probably ....

be working at some sort of sales job where I could work with a lot of people. Probably at a restaurant or clothing store. I would not have gone to college. I would probably be heaver than I am right now. I would possibly have children with more than one man. I might just smoke like a chimney, and I know I would drink like a fish.

Husband would most likely be in the same job that he is right now at a bank or the sort. He would have been a jock in High School hanging out with some of the coolest of the cool in his small town high school. He would have been a beer drinking soccer star and most likely some sort of out fielder of a base ball team. He would probably be married to some girl from the state school that he attended. She would probably look like me.

It is interesting how the choices of our parents shape us in ways that don't really have to do with us at all for that time being.

No comments: